เอ็ด ชีแรน เขากลับมาแล้ว!! หลังจากห่างหายไปเป็นปี Ed Sheeran นักร้องซุปเปอร์สตาร์ระดับโลกคนนี้เขาพร้อมกลับมาให้แฟนๆได้ชื่นใจอีกครั้งกับการประกาศผ่านทาง Social
ด้วยวิดีโอสุดน่ารักที่เพียงไม่กี่นาทีก็มีผู้เข้าชมกว่า 16 คนล้านคน กับอีกเกือบสองแสนแชร์ เรียกได้ว่าเป็นการเริ่มปี 2017 ของ Ed Sheeran กันเลยทีเดียว และแน่นอนว่าเพลงใหม่ทั้งสองเพลง
“Castle on the Hill” และ “Shape Of You” ของศิลปินที่มีเพลงเป็น Best- Selling และมีเพลงติดชาร์ตอันดับ 1 ไม่ว่าจะเป็น“Thinking Out Loud” หรือ “Photograph” คนนี้ไม่มีทางทำให้แฟนๆผิดหวังแน่นอน
โดยสามารถฟัง“Castle on the Hill” และ “Shape Of You” ได้ทาง DEEZER, JOOX, TrueMusic และApple Music รวมถึงสามารถชม Official Lyric Video ทั้งสองเพลงนี้ได้ยูทูปแล้วเช่นกัน
Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill => https://youtu.be/7Qp5vcuMIlk
Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You => https://youtu.be/_dK2tDK9grQ
GLOBAL SUPERSTAR ED SHEERAN RETURNS!
ED UNVEILS TWO COMEBACK SINGLES
“CASTLE ON THE HILL” & “SHAPE OF YOU”
AVAILABLE NOW ON ITUNES, SPOTIFY AND APPLE MUSIC! https://atlanti.cr/2singles
WATCH THE ACCOMPANYING LYRIC VIDEOS
“CASTLE ON THE HILL” & “SHAPE OF YOU”
Castle Lyric Video: https://youtu.be/7Qp5vcuMIlk
Shape Lyric Video: https://youtu.be/_dK2tDK9grQ
22 MILLION ALBUMS SOLD, WORLDWIDE!
4.7 BILLION SPOTIFY STREAMS!
3.5 BILLION HITS ON HIS OFFICIAL YOUTUBE!
Multiple Grammy and BRIT Award-winning international mega-star, Ed Sheeran, has kicked-off music in 2017, unveiling TWO brand new singles – “Castle on the Hill” and “Shape Of You” – out now on Asylum Records and available through iTunes, Spotify and Apple Music *LINKS*
Ed Sheeran’s two comeback singles – “Castle on the Hill” and “Shape Of You” – mark a hugely exciting return and another forward-thinking move for the multi award-winning, modern-day troubadour. Unveiled in the early hours of this morning, the singles are Ed’s first releases since 2015 and showcase two very different sides to his unparalleled musical palate. “Castle On The Hill”, written by Ed and Benny Blanco (also on production), pays homage to growing up in Framingham, Suffolk. Driving beats and Springsteen-esque riffs collide to create another stadium-ready anthem. “Shape Of You”, written by Ed, Johnny McDaid and Steve Mac (also on production), dismantles and rebuilds modern-pop music using little more than a loop pedal. The record is an extension of the sound for which Ed’s become so well-known and has set him apart from his peers – something he first showcased in 2010 with his pivotal SBTV live performance of “You Need Me, I Don’t Need You”, and executed on his debut EP ‘No.5 Collaborations Project’ (staring an array of grime artists including Wretch 32, Wiley + more), following in 2011.
Speaking about his monumental comeback, 25-year-old Ed commented – “Hello 2017! I’ve been working hard on the new material and I hope you can be as excited about it as I am. I really wanted to show two different sides to my music that I’m equally as passionate about and I just knew I wanted to roll with two songs at the same time. I’m absolutely buzzing to be back.”
Despite being out of the spotlight for a year on a well-deserved break, Ed’s name was still associated with some of 2016’s biggest hits. As one of the world’s most in-demand songwriters, he penned “Cold Water” for Major Lazer and “Love Yourself” for Justin Bieber; further proving his versatility and unique flair for penning global #1 records. Rewind to June 2014 to see Sheeran releasing his second studio album ‘x’ (pronounced “multiply”,) which has gone onto become one of the most significant and record-breaking albums of this millennium! Bolstered by the likes of Rick Rubin, Pharrell Williams and Benny Blanco on production, ‘x’ charted at #1 both sides of the Atlantic upon release, landed a further 95 #1 slots on iTunes across the globe, stayed at no. 1 for 12 weeks in the UK and spawned his global no. 1, biggest-selling single to date – “Thinking Out Loud”. ‘x’ has now landed a staggering 90 x platinum certifications worldwide and was recently named one of the Official Chart Company’s biggest-selling albums of all time, having amassed over 3.4 BILLION streams! Breaking through to the mainstream in 2011 with his debut album ‘+’ (“plus”), which spent three weeks at no.1 in the UK, the Suffolk native quickly made a name for himself as one of the hottest up-and-coming UK talents of that year, setting his musical trajectory to an extraordinary level from the off; Ed won his first Ivor Novello Award in 2011 for his breakthrough single “The A Team”, which also went onto become that year’s biggest-selling debut single.
*Please see below for a wealth of Ed’s record-breaking accolades across his two albums: ‘x’ & ‘+’*
In addition to Ed’s epic rise with his recorded music, the Suffolk-born artist has also broken records in the live sphere over recent years. Ed took to the stage of Wembley Stadium, solo, in July 2015, becoming the first-ever artist to headline the prestigious venue without a band – with just his trademark loop pedal and guitar – seeing him play to 240,000 people over three consecutive sold-out nights! He followed with a live DVD titled ‘Jumpers for Goalposts’ at the end of 2015, which documented the lead-up to the Wembley weekend, including an array of live performances. Moreover, not only has Ed caught the headlines with his phenomenal solo concerts, he’s also been involved in an array of spellbinding collaborative performances over his career to date. In 2012, Ed performed at the London Olympics’ closing ceremony alongside members of Pink Floyd and Genesis for a very special version of “Wish You Were Here”. Go to 2015 and not only did Ed share the stage with Beyonce and Gary Clark Jr. at that year’s Grammy tribute for Stevie Wonder, at the aforementioned Wembley Stadium shows, Ed performed with Sir Elton John on the opening night, further proving his colossal status in the musical world.
Ed Sheeran, who was awarded an honouree degree from University Campus Suffolk in 2015 for his ‘Outstanding Contribution to Music’, has won an astonishing array of awards during his flourishing career to date. Sheeran is now the proud possessor of: 4 x BRIT Awards, 2 x Grammys, 2 x Ivor Novello’s, 1 x Q Award, 1 x MTV VMA Award, 1 x American Music Award, 1 x BBC Music Award, 2 x People’s Choice Awards, 3 x Teen Choice Awards, 2 x MTV European Music Awards, 1 x 1Xtra Power List and more. Adding further strings to his bow, he also unveiled his very own record label ‘Gingerbread Man Records’ last year (a subsidiary of Atlantic Records UK), which has kick-started the burgeoning career of #1 recording artist and Ivor Novello-winning, Jamie Lawson, along with the inimitable talent that is Foy Vance.
As Ed kicks-off music in 2017, watch this space to see one of the world’s most-loved, talented and in-demand recording artists continue to make history.
‘x’ (“multiply”) – 2014
- Ed worked with Rick Rubin, Pharrell Williams and Benny Blanco on the LP
- Charted at #1 on both sides of the Atlantic upon release
- Landed 95 x #1 spots on iTunes across the globe
- Spent an entire year in the UK Top 10 & over two years inside UK Top 100 (Official Chart Company)
- 9 x Platinum in UK // 90 x platinum certifications, worldwide
- 13 million global sales
- 3.4 billion streams to date
- Biggest AND fastest-selling album of 2014 in UK
- 2014’s UK Christmas #1 album
- Spent 12 uninterrupted weeks as UK #1 (Official Chart Company)
- 2014’s most-streamed album on Spotify
- Longest consecutive reign in the UK’s Top 10 Official Albums Chart for a British artist ever at 77 weeks (taking over Adele’s “21”)
- Biggest-ever ‘week one’ album streams in Spotify history (up until very recently) with 23 million & went onto become the most continuously played album on Spotify since release
- One of the Official Chart Company’s 60 biggest-selling albums of all time with 13 million global sales
- ‘Album of the Year’, BRIT Awards (2015) // ‘Songwriting of the Year’, Ivor Novello’s (2015)
- In the summer of 2015 – a year on from release – ‘x’ was still the most-streamed album in the world
- The album spawned an array of colossal #1 singles including the 18 x platinum “Sing”, the 18 x platinum “Don’t”, “I See Fire” (soundtracked The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug), “Photograph”, “Bloodstream” and the timeless 68 x platinum “Thinking Out Loud”
“Thinking Out Loud”
– Spent an entire year in UK’s Top 40 singles chart (OCC)
– Longest-ever climb to #1, rising for 19 weeks before taking the top spot
– First song ever to reach 500 million Spotify streams (over 780 million streams to date)
– #1 on iTunes in 85 markets upon release
– Won 2 x Grammy Awards in 2016: ‘Song of the Year’ and ‘Best Solo Pop Performance’
– BMI Award for ‘Song of the Year’ last October
– 1.5 billion hits on the official video
‘+’ (“plus”) – 2011
- 3 million UK sales // 8.8 million global sales
- Spent three consecutive weeks at #1 in UK (OCC)
- Spawned Sheeran’s breakthrough single “The A Team”
- 45 x platinum certifications, worldwide
- The album was home to Sheeran’s other breakthrough hit singles: “Lego House”, “Small Bump”, “Give Me Love” and “Drunk”
“The A Team”
– won ‘Best Song Musically and Lyrically’ at the Ivor Novello’s (2011)
– Best-selling debut single of the year in UK
For more information please contact:
Claire Coster at Atlantic Records
Roz Mansfield at Atlantic Records